7:00 a.m. - Water aerobics in the pool for 1/2 hour. No matter how hard I have tried, I can't lose any weight. I'm just glad most of my clothes still fit.
9:00 a.m. - Grocery store for last minute stuff for dinner I'm cooking tonight and, the daily trip to the hardware store. We needed 2 extension cords and some small screws for the Pepper Primary School computers.
10:30 a.m. - Drive to the airport to meet Bennie Lilly, the Area Welfare Manager. He is touring Jamaica this week with the humanitarian missionaries. Bennie is a great guy and we are so glad to have the opportunity to work with him.
Noon - Lunch at Chillitoes the Jamexican restaurant we eat at on Tuesdays (taco Tuesday). They know all the elders and sisters by name, well we do wear a badge, but we go in and they know exactly what our order is going to be. Today was Monday, they weren't quite prepared, but it was still good. We invited Elder and Sister Flake to dine with us and talk with Bennie about their perspective of helping with the food initiative.
1:30 - 4:00 p.m. - Training for Elder and Sister Whitehead on CHaS and the financial program. Bennie worked with them in answering questions and showing them some features of the program.
5:30 p.m. - Dinner with Bennie and Whiteheads. I'm cleaning out the refrigerator and freezer and had a turkey roast so I put it in the crock pot to cook and then threw some other things together. I was so much better than eating out, which is what the rest of the week will hold.
6:30 p.m. - Leave for the Mission Home for seniors Family Home Evening. We love getting together with all the senior couples. The event tonight was an evaluation of the YSA Conference. Great comments and suggestions and it looks like this next year will be bigger and better than ever. We always find out mission news -- Elder Harold and Sister Diane Smith were transferred from Ocho Rios to Junction. That's the big news. Quite a transfer from the north side city section of the island to the south side farm district of the island. Three couples got engaged at or soon after YSA Conference. Several youth were activated because of attending this event.
After 9:00 p.m. - Arrive Home and write a blog to finish off Day #17. All is well.
The weather is hot and humid.
No comments:
Post a Comment