Thursday, April 22, 2010

When you wake up, you never know what the day will bring!

We had a project that E/S Preece started at Godfrey Stewart High School. It included lots of science lab equipment. The equipment was ordered in May 2009, but guess what, it was never delivered to the school. We made a phone call to the vendor and guess what, two days later the products were delivered. Not sure what the deal was, but we are glad they have the equipment.

Yesterday, we traveled the 4-hour round trip to Godfrey Stewart High and verified the inventory - all is well. The picture is the teacher with her new microscope. The brother is President Samuels from the Sav-la-Mar Branch.

Today, we opened the Church as an employment center. This is a project we are working on directed by President Graff. Each Thursday from 10 to 2, we open several of the chapels throughout Jamaica as employment centers. Theron and I are working with Salt Lake to get the website working for this country. We are making baby steps, but that's good. Anyway, I have taught two brothers the self-employment workshop. It's been fun to teach them how to think "non-Jamaica." I ask, 'Why should I buy your product?' Their answer was 'Buy from me, mine is best.' I really challenge them and say, Why, tell me what makes it better, etc. It is so fun to see their eyes open by just suggesting using a business card and a ziploc bag to put his necklaces in.

We are trying to get hygiene kits and newborn kits, there are none to be had. I have cukumbas and beans up. Wow, it's only been about 4 days!

No comments:

Post a Comment